This course provides you with the knowledge and training to administer restricted analgesics to provide pain management as a part of a medically supervised first responder organisation.
It gives you the skills to take control and identifying the need for analgesia, access, preparing and administer restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin according to medically endorsed protocols and perform casualty handovers and complete analgesic use requirements.
You will learn how to:
- Identify need for analgesia
- Access and prepare analgesics such as Paracetamol, Asprin, Ibuprofen, Methoxyflurane and Entanox
- Administer analgesic
- Perform casualty handover
- Complete analgesic use requirements/li>
You will learn about the mechanism of pain.
You will learn how to assess vital signs including respirations, pulse and temperature to ensure that the patient is suitable for analgesia and that they do not have any unexpected reactions
You will assess for contraindications.
You will determine the correct analgesic and administer.
You can use these skills in an organisation that is part of a medically supervised first responeder organisation or authorised workplaces.
This certification remains current for 1 years, you will need to complete refresher training every year.
Students who successfully complete both the theoretical and practical assessment components of this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- PUAEME008 - Provide pain management
Initial Course Information
This course is delivered by Mixed Mode and requires the following:
- Completion of pre-course online learning which takes approximately 2-3 hours
- Completion of face to face practical assessment which takes approximately 2 hours
Prerequisites: HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- All learning material for this unit is provided via our online learning portal and all equipment is provided for the practical assessments.
For further information regarding the terms and conditions of your enrolment please click here to read the student handbook
A learner undertaking this course will require a specific skill level in Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
The course has been assessed as requiring the following Australian Core Skills Framework levels:
- Learning - Level 2
- Reading - Level 2
- Writing - Level 2
- Oral Communication - Level 1
- Numeracy - Level 1
For further information regarding these levels click here or to arrange a test to verify if you have the appropriate skills to complete the course please contact our LLN officer via our contact page or via telephone on 1300 856 684.
Cost: $120.00CLICK HERE TO VIEW COURSE DATES AND ENROL ONLINE