This course provides you with the knowledge and training to establish and maintain first aid facilities in the workplace.
You will learn how to set up and manage a first aid facility including:
- conducting workplace risk assessment and evaluation of first aid provisions
- developing a first aid action plan including strategies for management of incidents and individuals needs in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
- using a first aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies, replacement and equipment maintenance
- maintaining first aid equipment and resources according to manufacturers instructions
- using and maintaining documentation required by the workplace and regulatory authorities.
This will ensure you can effectively maintain first aid facilities to workplace standards.
You can use these skills in your workplace or in community settings.
Students who successfully complete both the theoretical and practical assessment components of this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID016 - Manage first aid services and resources
Initial Course Information
This course is delivered by Mixed Mode and requires the following:
- Completion of pre-course online learning which takes approximately 3-4 hours
- Completion of face to face practical assessment which takes approximately 2 hours
- All learning material for this unit is provided via our online learning portal and all equipment is provided for the practical assessments.
For further information regarding the terms and conditions of your enrolment please click here to read the student handbook
A learner undertaking this course will require a specific skill level in Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
The course has been assessed as requiring the following Australian Core Skills Framework levels:
- Learning - Level 3
- Reading - Level 2
- Writing - Level 2
- Oral Communication - Level 2
- Numeracy - Level 1
For further information regarding these levels click here or to arrange a test to verify if you have the appropriate skills to complete the course please contact our LLN officer via our contact page or via telephone on (03) 9017 5590.
Cost: $130.00CLICK HERE TO VIEW COURSE DATES AND ENROL ONLINE