Is this course suitable for you?
This course is suitable for anyone who has the potential need to provide CPR in emergency situations.
You can use these skills in your workplace, the home, and in community settings.
- manage a cardiac arrest
- do CPR at the correct rate
- use the AED (defibrillator)
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Step 1) Online Learning: 1-2 hours approximately
- Step 2) Practical Assessment: 2 hours approximately at our training centre
- Learning materials: All material is provided via our online learning portal
- Equipment: All equipment is provided in the classroom for your practical assessments
- You must complete at least 2 minutes CPR on an adult mannequin on the floor
- You must complete at least 2 minutes CPR on an infant mannequin
- kneeling on the ground for at least two minutes
- leaning over the CPR mannequins
- rolling a person into the recovery position on the floor
- If you are unable to kneel on the floor for at least two minutes and complete the CPR component you will not be able to receive a statement of attainment for this unit
- Please ensure you wear appropriate comfortable clothing for you to demonstrate your skills to the assessor
- If you are unable to meet these requirements, please contact 1SDO Training for further options
- Learning - Level 2
- Reading - Level 2
- Writing - Level 2
- Oral Communication - Level 2
- Numeracy - Level 1
None - There are no prerequisite qualifications required for this course.
What will you learn?
You will learn how to:
What Award will be issued?
Students who successfully complete both the theoretical and practical assessment components of this nationally recognised training will be awarded:
A statement of attainment for:
How long will this certificate remain current?
This certification remains current for 1 year.
The Australian Resuscitation Council advises that you should update this course every year to maintain currency. 1SDO Training is happy to provide your refresher training.
How the course is completed
How do we deliver this training?
1SDO delivers this course in Mixed Mode. There will be a combination of online learning and face to face practical assessment.
Online learning must be completed prior to attending the face to face practical assessment.
How long will the training take?
This course must be completed in the following order:
What are the requirements for this course?
Equipment and Materials:
Note: This is a physical activity.
You will be observed completing various activities which include:
Learning Skills (Language, Literacy, and Numeracy):
A learner undertaking this course will require a specific skill level in Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN).
The course has been assessed as requiring the following Australian Core Skills Framework levels:
For further information regarding these levels click here or to arrange a test to verify if you have the appropriate skills to complete the course please contact our LLN officer via our contact page or via telephone on (03) 9017 5590.
We at 1SDO provide you with quality training and assessment.
We pride ourselves on delivering ASQA accredited training courses in a friendly and accessible learning environment. We understand that not all learners are the same, and we are motivated to guide each of our learners to meet the standards required in each of their courses.
Our trainers are fully qualified, approachable, have a diverse range of industry experience, and are passionate about adult education. Our training and assessment is designed to help you feel confident using the skills you have learned.
We are very happy to welcome you to 1SDO Training.
For further information regarding the terms and conditions of your enrolment please click here to read the student handbook
CLICK HERE TO ENROL