This course provides you with the knowledge and training to understand and respond to medical instructions, communicate with a range of people in a medical environment and use appropriate medical terminology.
It gives you the skills to understand basic medical terminolgy in both a writen and oral format.
You will learn how to:
- Respond appropriately to instructions which contain medical terminology
- Carry out routine tasks involving medical terminology
- Use appropriate medical terminology in oral and written communication
You will learn about medical terminology relevant to the practice, including the fundamental word structure used in medical terms.
You will learn how to consult the relevant policies and procedures pertaining to the medical profession.
You will learn how to check and identify sources of information available to check on medical terminology.
You can use these skills in any organisation that involved in the medical profession such as practice administration or first responder roles.
Students who successfully complete both the theoretical and practical assessment components of this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
Initial Course Information
This course is delivered by Mixed Mode and requires the following:
- Completion of online learning which takes approximately 6-8 hours
- All learning material for this unit is provided in the form of a written workbook and assessment are are completed via our online learning portal.
For further information regarding the terms and conditions of your enrolment please click here to read the student handbook
A learner undertaking this course will require a specific skill level in Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
The course has been assessed as requiring the following Australian Core Skills Framework levels:
- Learning - Level 2
- Reading - Level 2
- Writing - Level 2
- Oral Communication - Level 2
- Numeracy - Level 0
For further information regarding these levels click here or to arrange a test to verify if you have the appropriate skills to complete the course please contact our LLN officer via our contact page or via telephone on (03) 9017 5590.