This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
Initial Course Information
- Mixed Mode - Completion of pre-course workbook plus 7 hours practical training
- Face to face - Minimum of 12 hours face to face training
- Prerequisites: None