This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This unit of competency may contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Initial Course Information
- Mixed Mode - Completion of pre-course workbook plus 7 hours practical training
- Face to face - Minimum of 10 hours face to face training
- Prerequisites: None