This course provides you with the knowledge and training to provide first aid care including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on adults and children when they are ill or injured.
It gives you the skills to take control and provide immeadiate help to a patient until the paramedics arrive.
You will learn how to manage a cardiac arrest, do CPR at the correct rate, use the AED and treat a number of conditions including:
- snake and spider bite
- fractures, sprains and strains
This will ensure you can provide the patient with the best oppertunity to survive.
You will also participate in a post-incident debrief and provide verbal reports to the paramedics.
You can use these skills in your workplace, the home or in community settings.
This certification remains current for 3 years, you will need to complete refresher training every 3 years.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Initial Course Information
- Mixed Mode - Completion of pre-course workbook plus 5.5 hours practical training
- Face to face - Minimum of 8 hours face to face training
- Prerequisites: None