This course covers a broad range of health and safety functions and responsibilities in the workplace. Participants gain an understanding of planning, policy development and ethics, WHS management system, risk management, WHS incident management and emergency procedures. It also covers the application of the current WHS Act, its regulations, codes of practice and advisory standards.
It is suitable for those wanting to work, or already working in Work Health and Safety(WHS) roles.
Knowledge and Skills developed
- Implement and support the WHS management systems
- Prepare and advise workplace personnel on dealing with WHS issues
- Understanding WHS legislative requirements and assisting with monitoring workplace compliance
- Implement WHS initiatives and processes that support organisational WHS goals
- Apply knowledge of risk assessment to contribute to the selection of risk assessment techniques, tools and processes for common hazards
- Contribute to setting up and running of WHS consultation and participation processes
Units of Competency
(11 Units - 5 Core and 6 Electives)
BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Note: to complete the practical requirements of BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents you will be required to complete HLTAID003 Provide first aid. This is included as part of the course.
BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return to work programs
BSBWHS409 Assist with workplace monitoring processes
BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
The Australian Resusitation Council advises that you should update this course every 3 year to maintain currency, they also advise that the CPR component of this course be updated every 12 months.
Students who successfully complete both the theoretical and practical assessment components of this nationally recognised training will be awarded the qualification:
- BSB41415 - Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
and statements of attainment for
- HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
This course is delivered by Mixed Mode and requires the following:>
- Completion of pre-course online learning for First Aid which takes approximately 3-4 hours
- Completion of face to face First Aid practical assessment which takes approximately 6-8 hours
- Completion of face to face Consultation practical assessment which takes approximately 6-8 hours
- Completion of 10 self paced training workbooks and online assessments which take approximately 4 weeks each to complete
- Special Requirements - Note you will be required to complete at least 2 minutes of CPR on an adult mannequin on the floor and at least 2 minutes CPR on an infant mannequin. This is a physical activity. If you are unable to kneel on the floor for at least two minutes and complete the CPR component you will not be able to complete this unit. Please ensure you wear comfortable clothing appropriate for the activities.
A learner undertaking this course will require a specific skill level in Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
The course has been assessed as requiring the following Australian Core Skills Framework levels:
- Learning - Level 4
- Reading - Level 4
- Writing - Level 4
- Oral Communication - Level 4
- Numeracy - Level 3
For further information regarding these levels click here or discuss the requirements to complete the course please contact our LLN officer via our contact page or via telephone on (03) 9017 5590.
Note: - You will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numaracy assessment prior to be enrolment acceptance
Payment terms : Initial payment of $800 at enrolment and a further $800 after completeing 6 units
Note: We are not currently taking enrolments for this course